Jean-Paul is an Advisory Board Member at Academy Global. He is a civil engineer educated in Germany (Aachen, Karlsruhe) and New Zealand (Christchurch) who specialises in multi-disciplinary projects associated to transport & urban planning, logistics, energy & waste management. He is well- experienced in multi-disciplinary and multi-stakeholder projects associated within a multi-cultural environment. Dr Thull worked for two consultancies in Karlsruhe, Germany from 1987-1996 concentrating on air quality modelling, contaminated sites, solid waste & infrastructure planning from design to building site supervision, before embarking onto a senior academic position at Lincoln University, NZ (1996-2014), increasing his portfolio into transport, logistics and urban planning.
Dr Thull was seconded during lecture-free NZ time as guest professor to the University of Kaiserslautern from 2001 to 2014.
He is a positive advocate for tertiary education & research and holds a passion for international affairs and policy development, where he continually nurtures his professional contacts in both Europe and South East Asia. He has been professionally involved with Australian, Indonesian, Mongolian, Japanese & other Asian/European projects since commencing self-employment in 2014.
He uses his soft skills to liaising with industry and politicians, next to his past students and has a strong commitment to social responsibility, always aiming at pragmatic and tangible outcomes benefitting both the community and the economy.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Transport Management, Lincoln University, NZ
- Dipl.-Ing. (eq. Master Civil Engineering) KIT Karlsruhe, Germany
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (FCILT)
- Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport NZ (council member since 2008; education chair since 2014)
- Eastern Asian Society for Transportation Studies (since 2001, NZ President since 2012)