MBA, MRes, LLB, BSc
Rod is a lawyer with 23 years of practical experience working as a solicitor. For 19 of those years he ran his own legal practice. In 2013 he took a new direction in his career when he returned to academia for more study and teaching across a number of tertiary institutions. It was time to put back into the new generations coming into a profession that was very good to him.
The combination of both practical and academic experience allows Rod to deliver knowledge with a practical approach, utilising years of working as a lawyer complimenting his teaching. He is passionate about his teaching and loving the new pathway of learning himself.
Rod’s areas of teaching is at UTS, Macquarie University and University of Sydney law schools. He specialises in contract law, commercial law, company law and negotiation theory and practice and alternative dispute resolutions.
He is currently undertaking a PhD in an area of mergers and acquisitions, focussing on the processes around due diligence.
- Current PhD student, Macquarie University Law School
- Master of Business Administration, Macquarie Graduate School of Management
- Master of Research, Macquarie University
- Bachelor of Laws, Macquarie University
- Bachelor of Science, Macquarie University
- Graduate Certificate in Applied Finance, Macquarie University